00serves 2 15 minutes
1/3 cup diced chorizo-150 grams
1 small onion( about 1/4 cup finely diced)-150 grams
1 garlic clove finely diced
1/2 cup tomato passata or marinara sauce-115 grams
1-2 teaspoon chili flake
1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
spaghetti about 7 centimeters diameter when held in fist-200 grams
2 tablespoon Olive oil
1 red bell pepper( finely sliced)
- Bring water to boil in a pan- about 2 liters. Add a generous pinch of salt once it starts boiling.
- Add pasta and boil for about 8 minutes or until to your satisfaction.
- Sieve the pasta and save about 1/4 cup of the pasta water. WHATEVER YOU DO, NEVER RINSE PASTA ONCE BOILED. JUST EMPTY IT INTO THE COLANDER AND STEP AWAY!!
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Do the hot oil test, then add onions, garlic, chili flakes, red bell pepper and saute for about 1 minute and a half.
- Add chorizo and continue to stir for about 1 minute.
- Add the passata/marinara and mixed Italian herbs. Mix well and add a pinch of salt and about a pinch of freshly ground black pepper..
- Add the pasta and mix well with sauce.
- For a more saucy pasta, drizzle in pasta water until texture is to your desire.
- Taste pasta and again season it to your satisfaction. Add more salt, more chili or more herbs.