serves one 15 minutes
1/4 cup of diced pancetta (thick bacon)- 70 grams
2 large egg yolks for a creamier dish or 1 large egg
1 clove of garlic
100 grams spaghetti
freshly ground black pepper
11/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- In a pan boil about 1.5 liters of water and add a pinch of salt once boiled.
- Add spaghetti to boiling water and boil for about 8-10 minutes, or until satisfied with texture.
- Using a spoon or ladle set aside about a cup of pasta water. Drain spaghetti. DON’T RINSE YOUR PASTA!!!
- Chop of the ends of garlic, then using the flat side of a knife squash garlic.
- Heat about a tables spoon of oil and add the garlic to the pan.
- Using a spatula, stir garlic for about 20 seconds, then scoop out of pan.
- Add pancetta to pan and add 1 teaspoon of black pepper. Stir for about 2 minutes and turn of heat.
- Add spaghetti to pan and toss. Taste pasta for salt and add more salt if desired. Please don’t be shy, I personally like my carbonara with some chili so go ahead and add some if you would like.
- Take pan off hob.
- Quickly mix half of Parmesan with egg.
- Add egg mixture to pan and toss well with pasta.
- Serve your dish and sprinkle remaining Parmesan on top of dish.
ENJOY YOUR MEAL!!!!