1/8 cup of dark soy sauce
2 teaspoon chili flakes
2 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon minced ginger ( about the top segment of your thumb)
1 clove garlic, minced
optional: 1/8 cup of rice wine
For the beef: 300 gram beef steak sliced to about strips of 1.5 cm thickness and to what ever length of preference.
- Place all of the beef marinade ingredients together into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the beef into the bowl and stir until each strip is well coated.
- Cover with cling film and leave in a fridge to marinate for how ever long.
Bell pepper strips
optional add ins
chopped cashew nuts
N.B: please feel free to use whatever veges you have available.
- Bring marinated beef to room temperature, this will help make the texture!
- Heat your wok with about a tables spoon of sesame oil (any oil will do really! nut the sesame oil adds a nicer flavor).
- Add the beef once the oil is hot. (tip: place the end of a wooden spatula in oil and if bubbles appear rapidly around the circumference, you can start frying)
- Fry the beef strips until it is to your taste. see Side Note below for guidance.
- Add veges and stir fry for 30 more seconds.
- At this point you want to try the sauce, if not tasty enough add some more soy sauce, some more chilli whatever you feel will make it taste better! Don’t be shy go on!!!
- serve sauce with some rice or noodle what ever your preference is. go wild with the optional add ins!
- 1 minute for rare beef
- 1 minute 30 seconds for medium
- 2 minutes and 30 seconds for well done