1 kilo of potatoes
1/8 cup Soy sauce 30ml
1 table spoon sesame seeds
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
4 tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or 400°F fan assisted.
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly.
- Roughly cube the potatoes into bite size pieces. I like to make really thin and chunky pieces for texture.
- Place the potatoes in a pan and fill the pan with water. You want to fill it about 3 centimetres past the potatoes in the pan.
- Cover the pan and bring to a boil.
- Keep checking the potatoes every 5 minutes to see if it is tender. On a medium flame it should take about ten minutes and no longer than 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes using a colander or sieve.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and add about a heaped tablespoon of sesame seeds and garlic.
- In a bowl, mix about a teaspoon of paprika, and chilli flakes with the remaining oil.
- Stir for about a minute on medium heat.
- Add the soy sauce, I prefer using light soy sauce, and reduce the sauce for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Turn the heat off and stir in the honey.
- Mix the spice till it is well combined.
- Transfer the potatoes to a bowl and drizzle the oil spice mixture, make sure to use a rubber spatula to get every last bit of the yummy oil spice mix
- Toss the potatoes in the oil. Until each piece is well coated.
- Place the potatoes in one even layer on a cookie sheet.
- Bake the potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven and transfer to a bowl.
- stir in the soy sesame mixture and place potatoes back on cookie sheet.
- Switch the oven setting to grill for about 7 minutes to give the potatoes a crispier texture.
Enjoy your meal!!